PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AKs against monster stack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKs against monster stack

What do you think, player 1 open raise and call good? A9s, i thinked is too little to open raise utg2.

https://www.boomplayer.com/29722099_FB80B2225A

And i would like share second hand, A9o enough to push? I thinked it was not enough.

https://www.boomplayer.com/29721117_47DF558810

TheBlade8525

I put the first hand into HRC and not only is A9s a call.. A9o is even a call. A9s on average is +1.27bb.. which means it prints money by calling.
    The opener's call range is: 13.5%, 55+ A7s+ A5s A9o+ KTs+ KQo QJs

In the second one, the opp's open shove range is: 22+ A8s+ A5s ATo+ K9s+ KJo+ Q9s+ QJo J9s+ T9s 98s
    So with A9o and no player reads, it's a marginal fold.. it's basically the very best hand they shouldn't shove. If the players behind were over-folding, then it can be turned into a correct math shove, as their ranges would then be tighter.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

TheBlade8525 Hi With AKs there and 15 BB unless the opener was an absolut nit and I know they only raise with AA or KK I am shoving in this spot. It was a good move and you got unlucky, thats poker.
      Same with the second hand.

Grade b.
      I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

1. Easy open with A9s. What's your 3betshove range in here?

2. A9o is a little bit loose stack off,but it can be +EV if the table is tight enough.

This is my push chart on 11bb UTG+1

Sorry if my English is sucks,this is not my mother language,and i'm using it rarely in my real life.

If u want to know a little bit about me,i wrote a small introduction here: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...old-new-member

Comment

JWK24:

First hand, the call maybe fine and especially against me, because i never have lucky. But villain open raise i think pretty sure is very lose utg2 with A9o. If the board is tight even is bad open in utg A9o. Probably AJs the worst what +EV open. And micro limit usually have got lot of calling station. And this table had got two monster stack too. If villain open A9o, about his pre flop range 34/20, utg 20% open in utg, i guess is too lose. This is the best 19%: 66+, A5s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, A9o+, KTo+, QTo+

Grade b:

Thanks, this limit is very rarely what you wrote, when someone only open utg QQ++. But this is my lucky, this tournament i lost 3 times when i had got 70% pre flop win or more.

Comment

You don't get it... it's not a call because it's against you... IT IS A MATH CALL FOR EVERYONE! That range is what IS a +EV math call, so that IS what we play if we want to be a winning player.

Also, someone should not be playing 34/20... that's way, way too much limping and should be easily exploited by a knowledgeable player. The way to exploit them.. make them make bad math plays, not allow them to make positive ones.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.