PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AKo master league

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AK and AQo, he had got stay 21BB and my push all in he can not call with AQo. You wrote another topic, AJs not enough to call with 20BB. So this call he must 1010++ and AKo+

"a 28bb shove is WAY too much to be calling with AJs. Even at 20bb, we need TT+/AK+ to call and as their stack size that they shove goes up, our calling range has to become tighter."

And it is not my fault!!! I have got 65% average chance. Not my fault if i got 72o and 103o about 4-5 times 50 hands. I played perfect this tournaments!

Comment

That hand was totally different. It was against 1 person without a lot of chips in the pot already. Here, there is already 5701 in the pot and they only have to call 3232 into it.... it's not an open shove and we have to call off the whole 21bb stack without other chips in the pot. That totally changes things.

You played those 3 hands correctly... but so did the opps.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

[QUOTE=TheBlade8525;n1291845]

And it is not my fault!!! I have got 65% average chance. Not my fault if i got 72o and 103o about 4-5 times 50 hands. I played perfect this tournaments! [/QUOTE

Playing perfectly doesn't mean you will win the tournament, you seem to think that the best hand/best player will always win. This just doesn't happen all the time. You will often lose to worse hands, and sometimes someone who plays poorly will win. You need to be able to play without letting these things tilt you.

Work on your mental game, and remember that poker is just a game. If you can't handle losing then maybe poker isn't the right game for you, because you will lose tournaments a lot more than you win them.

HTH
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlade8525 View Post
          I played perfect this tournaments!
          Since you got so short, I totally doubt it... guaranteed you missed some shove spots when you were in the 5-15bb range. Bet on it because when first in, you can shove a TON wider than you most likely think you can.

ex: say we're at 10bb and it folds to us in the SB... all card suited 9 or better are shoves, 96o+ 75o, 43s... those are all shoves.
          Last edited by JWK24; Tue Nov 27, 2018, 06:05 PM.
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

jwk24: So i think you still do not understand. The master league after first hour avarage chips about 10-15BB. Severel times when i was top 10, my chips about between 20-30BB. And my results justify me.

And check again some hands, AKo, and i had got 31BB and AQo call i do not feel i did mistake, he probably did, because 31BB push average range only 1010++ and AKo. What the chance for villain with AQo these range? It is not so much. And final table i did not short stack too, AKs vs QJo and villain did a mistake, and i did not! And third when i had got AKo and 109o iso raise, villain did a mistake too. I understand, you are moderator here and you hate me and protect the site, but you have not truth. But you can almost always only criticize my play.
            https://www.boomplayer.com/29385867_00F10B35DF
            https://www.boomplayer.com/29381558_D06C3892A1

I thinked these two hands you will write villain plays well and i did not.

https://www.boomplayer.com/29390561_D5F38E3995

https://www.boomplayer.com/29390626_358E9D9842

Comment

No one plays perfect poker, and even if you did that doesn't mean you should win. Variance is a mathematical fact that no one can beat. Even the best tournament players only win about 5-10% of the time.

That's why poker takes a lifetime to master. Your frustration is very evident, but blaming everyone but yourself will get you nowhere.

Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't make up the math stuff... it is what it is and all I'm doing is relaying what the results are. The math for the shove and call ranges was all done by Mr. Nash (that the movie A Beautiful Mind was written about). Whether you or I like a play or not is irrelevant.. the math is.. what the math is... and the results are irrelevant of site. It's the same for PS, that it is for any other site or live game.. basically anywhere someone is playing no limit Hold'Em.

AQ hand: open is fine, as long as we use 3.5bb+1bb for each limper.. for ALL hands we raise with here. The flop for us all comes down to math. We have to call 40 into 480, which is 8.33%. We have 4 outs to a straight, maybe our A is good (normally I wouldn't count it) and backdoor clubs.. so with the backdoor (backdoor is worth 1.5 outs), it IS a math call. The opp that leads here should be betting in the 2/3 to 3/4 pot range.. in which case we would not be able to call.

On the turn, it's 60 into 660, 9.1%. We lost our backdoor outs, so all we have is four jacks. Each out is worth 2%, so our hand is only worth 8%. That means we expect to gain or lose 8% - 9.1%, which is -1.1%... when we expect to lose chips, we fold, so the turn is a math fold. Basically, we chased, got lucky and won the hand. As for the opp's play, calling with the 5 is fine on the turn (they have a pair) and the opp that led, made a bad bet because they didn't size it correctly (in the 2/3 to 3/4 pot sizing range). When the opp with the 5 gets action on the turn, they should never put another chip into the pot unless their hand improves.

AK hand: standard 3.5bb open. We then get min-raised and a caller... here, due to being out of position, this needs to be a raise and a standard sizing for it is in the 700 chip range, so I'll raise to 700.

If we had raised pre, our flop play is then easy due to the SPR.. check/shove. If the flop checks thru, then we shove the turn.
                Opp should have made a standard 3-bet sizing (300ish) and then if called.. get it in on the flop.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

joy7108: I blame for me lot of times, trust me. And i know so much variance, especially tournament poker, but some players more lucky, some less. And i have got the second group. The only thing what i try to write, these hand i did not mistake, thats all.

jwk: 59s pre flop overlimp maybe fine, but i think not so good, maybe 79s+, but after someone iso raise pre flop, villain should had to fold 59s. And flop call next mistake for 59s. and river bet was omg. Horrible play. And i had got the odds call turn, 6-7 out and i had to call 60 and pot 600. Second hand i know if i 4beted about 800 chips this flop i can not fold, even this board neither. So i decided i just call. And if i 4beted pre flop and flop cbet i was pot commited

Comment

the 59.. the only street they played right was the turn. it's a fold pre, fold flop and fold river.

By slowplaying and not 4-betting... we gave TWO players the right odds to beat us. They don't have to call chips from a bet from us, so their pot equity required to play is zero, so no matter how little equity their hands have.. they expect to gain chips.
                    If we 4-bet and shove the flop.. the difference is.. we make the opps make a bad odds play both preflop and on the flop. If we do this, they expect to lose chips to us.. instead of expecting to gain chips due to not putting more chips in. Plays like that are where good players make two +EV plays (so the opps expect to lose chips to us).. instead of giving the opps the right odds (which turns our hand, no matter how strong it is.. even AA... then expects to lose chips).

Small differences, like making the +EV plays, instead of a -EV play.. are the differences between winning players and losing players. The result is the same and is irrelevant.. but the difference is expecting to WIN chips, instead of expecting to LOSE chips.

John (JWK24)
                    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Another average day in the league. JWK and anyone else, could you let and fold this board vs this push? **deleted inappropriate expression per TOS**
                      And second hand fish just call, slow played with AK, lol and he won again. The first hand when i saw his hands i know the river came 9. Unfortunatelly i can not betting what will come the river. lol
                      What a poor game for this player and 2 hand another one but his got prize this poor game.

https://www.boomplayer.com/29456131_4DE6A4FD02

https://www.boomplayer.com/29456127_144B6501F8
                      Last edited by JWK24; Wed Dec 05, 2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

KK hand is played perfectly by us. Opp has a pair and won't fold it. These players that get it in on the flop with a marginal pair will have 5 outs and due to the rule of 4 and 2, since they're guaranteed to see both streets, each out is worth 4%, so the opp hits 20% of the time on us or 1 in every 5 times. These hands will happen over and over and over and over when playing.
                        Love those opps at the table. Yes, they'll suck out 20% of the time and longterm, they'll dump off their bankroll.

In the 2nd hand, the problem here is that we're too short. We need to be shoving way before we blind down to 5bb.
                        The opp with AKs made a big mistake in not reshoving when it gets to them due to any re-raise pot-committing them and they should have this range as their shove range: 22+ A4s+ A8o+ K9s+ KJo+ Q9s+ J9s+ T9s
                        The third player probably just had a case of big pot syndrome and called, then went with it when they hit a pair.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

KK: Played perfectly. I never fold an overpair in this board,not even considering it on a freeroll. He could have tons of weaker hands. Like this...

AQo: Also played well. Tag them as a fish. Both played it absolutely bad in preflop.
                          Sorry if my English is sucks,this is not my mother language,and i'm using it rarely in my real life.

If u want to know a little bit about me,i wrote a small introduction here: https://www.pokerstarsschool.com/for...old-new-member

Comment

Taurus, thanks.

JWK and what can i do when i short? That why short because i lost KK hand, you can not understand this?! And i played fine and i did not make a mistake this mtt but i out quickly. And about last 6 months when i had got over pair and villain shows top pair about the cases 50% i lost. What is long term about 10000000000 hands or 100000000 years? Too many times happen

Comment

When we get too short in a tournament, the opps are able to play many more hands profitably against us.. so we need to understand that we're going to lose more often. If they expect to gain chips and we're against them.. then we expect to lose chips.. and that's going to be the case, no matter how strong our hand is.
                              Even the absolute best players only cash in about 15% of tourneys... and in that other 85%, you're going to see every type of beat. You can't let any of these have even the smallest effect on your thoughts or your game play. As soon as you do, then you're going to start making more and more mistakes from being on tilt (your comments on these two hands is a great example of 'entitlement tilt'), which will then snowball into even more losses.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

When i had got KK and i had got 38BB, so i was not short stack. My stack average or little bit better the average stacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.