PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55c NLHE (Turbo), $750 Gtd late stages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55c NLHE (Turbo), $750 Gtd late stages

We are in the late stages with about 180 people left and ITM. Blinds are 1,500/3,000 I'm on the BB holding Kc Js, HJ shoves all in for just over half my stack as he had about 8BB and I was holding just over 16BB. Now was this a good time to call irrespective of how this hand ran out? I called he showed a pair of 8's Flop came K A K giving me trip Kings. Turn comes an 8 giving him a full house. River kills me completely giving him quads. Is KJo a hand I should be calling an all-in in the late stages like this?

For this situation, it's the correct play. Knowing whether a hand is strong enough or not is based on what position the shove comes from and what position at the table I'm calling from... it will vary greatly, so sometimes KJ will be in that range, sometimes it won't.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yeah I felt it was right as the shove came from late position, it just hurt that at this point I had built up a really healthy stack and lost over half of it in that hand. So questioned whether I really should be making those calls. This hand really impacted the rest of my game and I ended up losing the rest of my stack in two hands both times I was holding AA and both times lost to a J10 shove one time ended with trip J's other was 2 pair.

I know I could have sat it out and got a lot further but I always want to win or at least final table.

Comment

Hey, another thing to keep in mind is the pot odds we're getting which are about 3 to 2. This means that we only need about 40% equity to make a call break even. Even if the villain is only shoving the top 14% of his range (77+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KJo+,QJo) we should call here.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.