PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ's played too long I think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ's played too long I think

Pocket J's in the CO, 3 limpers before me so I bet 6x BB BB raises 43c probably should have folded to this cbet as villian had following stats VP15/PF15/AF6.0 although this was only over 20 hands so not garanteed to be accurate. I called and flop couldn't have been any worse As Kc 7s so flush draw out there and two overcards to my pair and both within OP's range OP bets about 1/2 pot and I call. Turn gets worse when another Ace comes OP checks so I check behind as I suspect I am way behind here. When the river comes it gets far worse with the Qs completing any spade flush draw and any 10J straight draw and 3 overcards to my pair. OP goes all in so I fold. Question is should I have got out of this sooner, like folding to the flop bet??

fold flop.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Agree with John on the flop.

At these stakes to go for a re-raise and stack off pre, you could be good. HUDs and 15/15(20) sample is not enough and AF post flop irrelevant? With my bad hat on: to suggest getting the money in pre, maybe?

With my good hat on: JJ are an over pair to play to the board. The price you call the 3bet pre, 31c to set mine still isn't looking good. So to cover/effective needs $3.10 for 10-1, I'm looking for more implied odds ($4.50 deep).

I don't know how my devil stacks off pre and the angel says - stop do you want to see a Jack or A/K/Q.
      Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Oct 18, 2014, 07:47 AM. Reason: it was 31c call $3.10 - $4.50 deep

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.