PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot $2.20 turbo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot $2.20 turbo

qualified to this touranment from the satellite in MP with Ac Kc not much read on the table so couldn't really predict what villians were holding. villian_9 UTG open limps so I raise to 240 a raise of 4BB. BB calls Villian_9 also calls. Flop comes 8c 5c 3s giving me the nut flush draw with two overcards to the board. Villians both check. I make a bet of 2/3 pot for 495. BB goes all in and villian 9 goes all in. So was going to cost me 2,265 chips into a 6765 pot, so that would have been about 4:1 pot odds with 2 streets to make my nut flush draw. So I called. Was this a mistake or was it the correct play and just unlucky. Would appreciate your opinions as this killed my tournament chances.

Looks fine to me. Not 'unlucky' though, you're more likely to lose the hand than win.
    Last edited by Fishwick; Tue Oct 14, 2014, 04:24 PM.

Comment

My bet on the flop would be 500 (2/3 pot) and not less... other than that, I'd play the hand the same way.

This is a good reason why I need to have 100 buy-ins in my bankroll before playing a given level of game. I want to be getting my chips in, in a situation like this and cannot be worried about the result.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

500, not 495, now that is nitpicking

Comment

sorry but if it should be 500 then the calculation within the client is wrong as that was a 66% bet.

Also I didn't pay to enter this tournement I qualified via a sat which is where the other two hands I posted today were taken from. The sat had a buy in of 0.40+0.04 and as my BR stands at $68 currently the sat was within the 100 buy in. Here's the sat result.

PokerStars Tournament #998497436, No Limit Hold'em Super Satellite
          Buy-In: $0.40/$0.04 USD
          96 players
          Total Prize Pool: $38.40 USD
          Target Tournament #998478024 Buy-In: $2.20 USD
          17 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started 2014/10/14 8:52:00 CUST [2014/10/14 3:52:00 ET]

Dear Webbo62,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. You qualified to play in Tournament #998478024 and are automatically registered for it. See Tournament #998478024 Lobby for further details.

Comment

It was simply 66% rather than 66.66...%

Comment

I think the problem is the client uses 66% and not 66.66666666666666666666% wonder if the 2/3 tab would be more accurate than using the 66% button.

Comment

haha you beat me to it Fishwick

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.