PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Skill League - Folding a full house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Skill League - Folding a full house

Late stage of OSL, I just checked as it wasnt a decent category hand. Villain was tight more than loose. I ended up unsure about raising all - in on the turn. I chickened out and stayed in for another couple of BB increases. Should I have gone all in here ? I was ranging him on KQ or any Kx combo being slow played as he was limping early. Was that too conservative a fold ? I checked the odds calculator and if it was not KQ I was an 84% to win, it just didnt feel like it !
    Last edited by Duskra; Thu Oct 09, 2014, 09:29 PM. Reason: additional info

Hi Duskra! With a small pair in a league game, I'm definitely checking preflop and seeing if I can flop a set. With a pair and all overcards on the flop, I'm going to check and hope to see a free turn card. If the opp has a K or Q, they should be betting here. I turn a full house and I'm going to make a standard lead value bet of 680 (1/2 pot due to one opp in the hand). If the opp shoves on me, I'm snap-calling. If the opp calls, on the river, as long as it's not a K nor Q, I'm shoving the river. In league games, I need to play tight, but when I hit a made hand, I need to be aggressive. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yes, I agree with your assessment. I think I was just a bit too timid, and perhaps he thought I was checking for the flush draws. Stack size / pot size ratios were leaning towards an allin, and I was just trying to get into the top 400 finishers. I will be a bit less timid next time

Comment

In the league games, I want to play tighter, but what I want to avoid is playing passively.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.