PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl zoom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl zoom

UTG is a loose passive player who has made an unusually large opening raise. The 3bettor is an unknown. I need to put $0.73 into get 16 to 1 odds - accounting for the sum of both remaining stacks. The reason I folded was because I assumed that UTG villain was playing at the top of his range, and I expected to see a 4bet. Was this a mistake? http://
    5 Time Bracelet Winner

xxx Moved xxxx

Comment

I think calling would have been a mistake. a 4bet from UTG is a possibility for sure.

Good fold

Comment

I don't think it's worth the call. Like you said, the 4bet is a real possibility and most of the times if they end up calling you'll end up check/folding when you miss the flop.

Comment

Thanks for your comments. As it turned out UTG had KK, but elected not to 4bet! This worth noting, because he may not have a 4-bet range at all. I would have had to invest about 9% of my stack pre-flop, close to the commitment planning threshold. But if I'm not mistaken, in the future, I could be able to call profitably in the long run against this particular villain. Post flop he is never folding. Against an unknown I will wait for a better spot. Hit the flop, fold, or hopefully get to see a free card. It would depend on how likely the 3-bettor is to commit his stack as well. It seems that set mining decisions are not always cut and dried.
          5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.