PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$3.50 Tournament, How to avoid such errors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3.50 Tournament, How to avoid such errors?

Hand analysis is needed !!!!

PokerStars Hand #122576774890: Tournament #989060420, $3.16+$0.34 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2014/10/05 1:46:15 EET [2014/10/04 18:46:15 ET]
    Table '989060420 1' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
    Seat 3: krikke1379 (1616 in chips)
    Seat 5: wiciu777 (2073 in chips)
    Seat 7: tomy110 (3851 in chips)
    Seat 8: AngulenDK (1425 in chips)
    Seat 9: Gerimant (4535 in chips)
    krikke1379: posts small blind 75
    wiciu777: posts big blind 150
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to Gerimant [Qd Qs]
    tomy110: raises 225 to 375
    AngulenDK: folds
    Gerimant: calls 375
    krikke1379: folds
    wiciu777: folds
    *** FLOP *** [2s 7d Jd]
    tomy110: bets 450
    Gerimant: raises 450 to 900
    tomy110: calls 450
    *** TURN *** [2s 7d Jd] [9d]
    tomy110: checks
    Gerimant: bets 1387
    tomy110: raises 1189 to 2576 and is all-in
    Gerimant: calls 1189
    *** RIVER *** [2s 7d Jd 9d] [Kc]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    tomy110: shows [7c 7h] (three of a kind, Sevens)
    Gerimant: shows [Qd Qs] (a pair of Queens)
    tomy110 collected 7927 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 7927 | Rake 0
    Board [2s 7d Jd 9d Kc]
    Seat 3: krikke1379 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 5: wiciu777 (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 7: tomy110 showed [7c 7h] and won (7927) with three of a kind, Sevens
    Seat 8: AngulenDK folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: Gerimant (button) showed [Qd Qs] and lost with a pair of Queens

I'm not an expert but my thoughts are:
    When he calls your raise on the flop you have got to ask yourself what he has that could beat you, AA, KK, 22, 77, JJ, don't think he is raising with a flush draw but its possible. I think a flatwould have been the better option here your hand only really has 2 outs to get better.
    Turn comes another diamond making any flush draw at this point I think I would be checking behind. As you are now behind to any flush draw, you make a bet that will only get called by a hand that has you beat and as it is more than half his remaining stack he is going to shove or fold and as you raised on the flop he can be pretty sure you are unlikely to have raised with only a flush draw.

But as I say I am learning too so see what the experts say.

Comment

Hi Gerimant! The key with this hand is that with a hand as strong as QQ, I absolutely need to 3-bet preflop. A standard sizing for this is to between 2.5X and 3X the previous bet. The way this hand played out, it wouldn't matter (if the opp wouldn't fold a pair preflop)... but we don't want to be results oriented. When playing a hand, we want to make the best decisions throughout the hand and in this case, the best decision is to 3-bet preflop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline Gerimant

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any comments or questions you may have.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club. Information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there!

Comment

Thank you, I had to view it:
          Basic pre-flop play
          Raising pre-flop

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.