PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No announcement yet.

Feeling like I'm folding too often?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling like I'm folding too often?

I guess I'm probably playing tight-weak.

On the button, mid tourney phase with 9 on the table, i've got 5BB (100/200) which is the smallest stack on the table.

I get K8o, one before me raises and I fold.

The flop comes K89 rainbow (giving me 2 pair) and then the turn is another 8 which would give me a full house.

Should I have folded in this care or called to see the flop (obviously not knowing what was to come)?

Hi aReJay007!

What the result of the hand is, is totally irrelevant. When playing poker, we want to make the best decision at a given point in time based on the information that we know.

In this hand... what position raised? What was their chip stack? What were the blind's chip stacks? How were each of the opps playing (raiser and blinds)? What type of tournament is it (different tourney types have different strategies)?

This information is critical to determining whether a shove or fold is the correct play and depending to the answers, it could be shove or fold....

John (JWK24)

6 Time Bracelet Winner

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.