PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I have shoved here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I have shoved here

Strange tournament with lots of shoving often with total rubbish. Should I have shoved here or was a fold the right play??

As it turned out it was right but just want to get an idea of if it was the correct play,

Comment

Of course fold. Most aces have you dominated and you're an underdog against any pair, big underdog against most who are happy to go all in from early. You have no fold equity and are only getting called behind by the strongest hands. If you do go all in, what hands are you really hoping to see? There aren't many. There's also 5 still to act.

You're not a short stack so I see no reason to get involved.

Comment

Instant muck.

The only hands with an A that I'm even considering playing here are AA and AK.... and AK is extremely marginal.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.