PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KK - Did I get value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KK - Did I get value?

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    Villain 1 and 8 were a bit loose, V7 was tightish. When bet to by V8, I 3X his bet to discourage flush draws from sticking around. Was this best line to take?

You don't want to discourage flush draws, you just want them to call with a bad price. By pot odds a bet of 23ish would give him the expressed odds he needs and 28ish will price him out (only taking the turn into account). With implied odds as well, it wouldn't be bad for him too call even your size of bet IMO.

However, I think sometimes people lose value by assigning the other person a flush draw any time 2 of one suit come out. It's far more likely he doesn't have a draw, in which case you're miles ahead and you want him to stick around not chase him off with a raise. However tempting it may be to make the pot win a certainty. Bear in mind that even if the flush comes there's still 6 FH outs and a quad.

This is slightly complicated by the presence of another player though. There is some value to taking the pot heads up but my preference would be to just call in position to give them a chance to bet into you again. It's far more likely a diamond doesn't come on the turn than it does but you give weaker hands a chance to catch up somewhat and get more in the pot. Maybe my opinion is influenced by seeing them fold though.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.