PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sometimes I hate this game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sometimes I hate this game

hubbles freeroll gone from 9k players to 120 I had an above average stack and then this hand occurrs.

It'll happen 13% of the time (a bit more than 1 in every 6)... these will happen over and over. What we can't let them do is to effect any play that we would make afterwards.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
        It'll happen 13% of the time (a bit more than 1 in every 6)

John (JWK24)
        Check your maths.

Comment

Actually John is right on this one! 13.34% to be exact, so 1 in 6 times ATs will win against AA.
          Like John said, it will happen, sometimes at very not-opportune times, but we just have to move on to the next one and not get affected by it!

Comment

LOOOOLLLL))))))))))) 1 in 6 times - 17%, 13% - less then 1 in 7 times, but not MORE than 1 in every 6.
            "1 in X times" and "Chances 1:X" Its not the same!!!

Comment

I think its just an issue with terms the ratio of success is 1:6 which is for every 6 times it does win there will be 1 where it doesn't. So it is 1 in every 7 hands it should win statisically. But I think we all knew what was meant.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.