PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JJ UTG vs MP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ UTG vs MP

Do you think its good to x/f JJ here no spade on this board?

Im assuming MP is good as the players are playing 500nl

2s 3s 5c 8s

So hero bet flop and x/f turn. I normally bet here but i can see a problem with that as we can get bluffed a ton on the river but at the same time i don't like to x/f JJ here.

I think its close but i definitely cant see myself x/f in other positions.

Single-raised pot?

Jacks aren't beating much on the turn. If villain is a tight caller pre-flop, the turn check-fold is fine. I'm not sure if c-betting the flop is best, tbh. I think the optimal line starts with a check (it's hard to rep much with a bet OOP on that board), but I'm not sure if it's a check-call or a check-raise.

EDIT: Just checked with Snowbot. "Optimal" line is check-call, check-call. If hero c-bets, then turn is a check-call vs half pot bet, with 99 being bottom of range. Jacks should bluff-catch, but will have to fold to most river bets.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey Arty

Yeah it was a single raised pot i was pretty shocked when he x/f turn seen as he has a pretty wide range for betting that turn from what ive seen.

So what is snowie betting for value, big pairs with a spade+?

Comment

** thread moved to Basic Poker Hand Discussions **
        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by mike2198 View Post
          So what is snowie betting for value, big pairs with a spade+?
          Basically that, but it checks the flop at a very high frequency, because hands like KTs, J9s, A8s completely missed, and villain's range is a lot stronger on that board (mostly overpairs), so there's not much fold equity.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Cool i need to check out snowie again soon, thanks for helping us out again.umbup:

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.