PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preflop AKo on BB: call 3 all-in or do you fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preflop AKo on BB: call 3 all-in or do you fold?

I was playing a Turbo $2.50 180 seat tournament this evening, and ran into this hand. Dealt AKo at Big Blind and I called the three players who were all in before me, I can't help but wonder if I should have folded... Was call the best move, or are their pre-flop circumstances where AK needs to fold?

Hi diffnerd! With 3 shoves in front of me, in order to call, I want to have a made hand and AK is not one of them. You didn't provide reads, so I'll take a guess at how the opps should be playing here. I'll give a 20% range for the first opp, 30% to the second (since they're short) and a 6% range to the third (must like their hand against 2 opps). With these ranges, AK only wins about 26% of the time. Since I'm expecting to lose 3 out of every 4 times.. I'm mucking and looking for a better spot. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

easy fold with 3 all in before you save your money for a better spot. if your first in ok if your last to call fold and wait for better odds to call...** email address removed as per TOS **......BETTER LUCK IN FUTURE..........
      Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Fri Sep 26, 2014, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Hi Ed-Donna, Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline! Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any of your comments or questions. You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club may be found HERE. Hope to see you there! umbup: Joss
        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.