PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on a hand I just played please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on a hand I just played please.

Was just playing low limit cash games (Texas Hold'em), I was on the button with 66, everyone folds but 1, he raises, I call. Flop comes 6-10-10, he raises, I re-raise, he goes all in, I call for all my chips... Was this the right call? Turns out he had QQ and the turn came a Q, but was this just bad luck on my part or should I have played it differently.

Thanks in advance.

Hi ArronFrozz!

In a vacuum, I'm most likely getting it in, but to be sure, I'd need to know everyone's stack sizes and all of the bet amounts throughout the hand. This information, along with any reads of how the opps are playing is critical information that is needed to make a decision on a hand.

Without stack sizes, the call pre could be right or could be wrong too.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks JWK23, Only just figured out how to post the replay. Hopefully the link works..

Comment

I'd get it in on the flop.. BUT.. the 3-bet preflop causes a problem. To call to setmine (try to get a 6), I need to have 15X the bet in both my stack and the opp's stack.. and we're not that deep, so it's either a re-raise or fold pre and I'm going to fold.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.