PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

note to self: full house beats straight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• note to self: full house beats straight

I should have seen this coming and in retrospect it seems obvious: I'm past the beginner stage and I know a full house beats a straight, but somehow it wasn't obvious I was going to lose all my chips...

nothing wrong with your pre, flop and turnplay. errors start indeed on the river. Calling his bet is doubtfull to say the least. Shove your stack in is throwing away chips. No hand will ever call unless it beats you so its better to call, but as said, even calling is very doubtfull, he just need a K or a Q to beat you and you beat nothing that bets here.

Comment

Yeah I believe you played it well until the river. When he bets pot you need to start thinking what hands are you beating right now and how likely the villain has any of them, right now you're pretty much only beating Ace high and the pot sized bet makes no sense with that kind of hand. And like rkleefstra he only needs a King or a Queen to beat you.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.