PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL - Straight problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL - Straight problems

Villain - 50/13/1.5 I realise on the river all he needs is an ace to beat me. I'm calling with the intention of hopefully splitting the pot. Should I be calling the river bet? Any more tips on how I could have played this better?

In general, you should never be calling to split the pot, unless it is an absolute certainty that you are splitting the pot, and the pot is so big that to fold would be worse than calling and just paying the rake.

Where it is uncertain that you are even splitting, and that is the best you can hope for, then it is usually better to fold.

In the hand you posted, I actually think it is a fairly trivial fold, though still frustrating nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.