PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Cash game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Cash game

Would like some advice on this hand had played a few hands and Villian_2 was betting every hand and very aggressive HM2 showed him as a whale. Should I have got out of this hand sooner or is this just a bad beat advice would be greatly appreciated here.

Originally posted by Webbo62 View Post
    Would like some advice on this hand had played a few hands and Villian_2 was betting every hand and very aggressive HM2 showed him as a whale. Should I have got out of this hand sooner or is this just a bad beat advice would be greatly appreciated here.
    ]

The big decision point is on the turn. When he raises to that amount on the turn I would just be putting him all in. You don't need to click it back, if he is going to keep playing then he will play for it all. It's an idea to flat call so that he can shove the river with his air hands, but for me this board is way too wet to risk just flat calling. There will be times that a guy like this shows up with a hand that's ahead of you like J6o or a set of sixes, whatever. He also has a large range of hands that are already almost drawing dead, apparently like any pair, etc. Who knows? The thing is that he could have a really wide range of hands and AA is way ahead of most of it. I can't really see folding against this guy on the turn if I have been witnessing him play the way he played in this hand previous to this hand happening.

With his actual hand he only had 11% equity going to the river, and 11% hits almost 1 in 10 times (that's a math joke). Bad luck that he got there. I'm certainly not folding to that size on the river.

T

Comment

+1 to sticking it all in on the turn. Against a nit I'd be more cautious, but against a bad player that will overvalue one pair, or call off with a draw, just jam the turn.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the input here, I was concerned about the flush after the flop even though he checked it so didn't want to over play at that point but after the check on the turn I was certain he hadn't hit the flop and was sure I was ahead. So your advice makes me realise I did miss a trick there.

Really appreciate your answers.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.