PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot .55 Turbo Late stage QQ after UTG raise and before HJ shove and more?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot .55 Turbo Late stage QQ after UTG raise and before HJ shove and more?

It's the final 2 tables of the Hot 0.55 Turbo, and our Hero faces a UTG raise and has in UTG+1. As if a UTG raise isn't bad enough, we get a subsequent HiJack shove, with the UTG calling. I call for the tiny rest of my stack (which now looks to me that I should have shoved initially, if playing this at all)... What would you have done in this spot, knowing the second UTG call signifies a very strong hand? Is the initial call warranted or should Hero have effected a masterful laydown pre like a slithering electric eel to live another round? **deleted image per TOS JWK24**
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JWK24; Thu Sep 11, 2014, 04:34 PM.

Hi Nataraj1!

This needs to be a snap-shove. I cannot call here. Whenever I put over 1/3 of my chips into the pot in a tourney, I have one option.. to shove.

When I'm this short in a tourney, I'm basically never folding a premium hand like QQ.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You have like 3 Big blinds left, so QQ is far better than most of the hands you should shove with a stack size like that. You just have no time left to wait for ''better'' hands.

I would have shoved directly, calling doesn't make sense, because you have already invested that much that you are forced to call any re-raises or bets.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Okay, shove it is, thanks a lot guys. I guess I was already tilting from the two other hands I posted since the shove seemed necessary if I play this - obvious from seeing my replay but I didn't take the proper decision at the table - initially had a big lead and then dwindled to nothing in three hands.

This is the hand that busted me in 16th.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.