PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot .55 Turbo Late stage BB TTfacing UTG Raise and LP Short-stack Shove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot .55 Turbo Late stage BB TTfacing UTG Raise and LP Short-stack Shove

It's probably the 2 Final tables and our Hero sits in the Big Blind with A player UTG raises and a desperate CO shorty shoves. Our Hero calls but then faces a UTG shove on a x board and folds. Does our Hero smell of phobic tilapia? What would you consider defending here pre-flop and is the post-flop fold good?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nataraj1; Thu Sep 11, 2014, 11:23 PM. Reason: Edited proper replayer link.

I think you have the wrong hand. This shows the T7 again, not TT. Please correct to put in the correct hand.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Corrected it. Thanks.

Comment

I'm shipping it preflop. The bet pot-commits me, so the chips are going in the middle. I'm too short to do anything but to shove a hand as strong as TT.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Okay, so I guess we're assuming the LP villain has a wider-range than normal to shove since he's so short and I should have shoved rather than raise to isolate but leaving something like 2/3 of my stack behind which does indicate that a shove would be better.

On the other hand (no pun intended), if I do the same line, is the check on the flop good, or should I have shoved on the flop as I would have done it had I planned a stop-and-go?

Comment

Anything but shoving pre is a problem, as calling the bet pot-commits us. Seeing the flop with chips left is a big mistake.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

This I already got, no prob.

I was just saying, if I find myself doing that mistake again, then I'm still faced with a decision on the flop... Since mistakes compound, what should I do here in that case?

Comment

get them in on the flop if you misclick.

John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

All right, will do. It could look rather strong with those two Jacks on the board.

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.