PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl deep : Weak vs Cagy play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl deep : Weak vs Cagy play

Hey guys, First hand with opponent. Back story : I am experiencing a little of o a downswing at 10nl (I am rolled for deep stack and love it though). What do you think, please, of this hand ? PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com MP ($20.01) Hero (Button) ($31.93) SB ($25.13) BB ($23.97) UTG ($25.19) Preflop: Hero is Button with K, 9 1 fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, SB calls $0.40, 2 folds Flop: ($1.20) J, A, 10 (2 players) SB checks, Hero bets $0.57, SB calls $0.57 Turn: ($2.34) 8 (2 players) SB checks, Hero checks River: ($2.34) 9 (2 players) SB checks, Hero checks Total pot: $2.34 | Rake: $0.11 Results below:

Hero didn't show K, 9 (one pair, nines). SB had 8, A (two pair, Aces and eights). Outcome: SB won $2.23[/spoiler]

Hi shoim,

Looks fine to me. Villain is probably a fish if he's limp/calling instead of opening for a raise, so I like our preflop and flop line. When he calls our flop c-bet, he's likely got a weak ace or some kind of draw. He's not folding any of these on the turn, so there's no great reason to charge ourselves to draw to the nuts. And likewise on the river, it's a nice scare card to turn our hand into a bluff with, but asking a fish to fold top pair even on a scary board is a tall order, so I prefer to just give up here and hope he turns over a complete bust like 7s5s or something.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey Dave,

Thank you, I found that this was actually a big leak on my part : trying to force passive players off their even lowest pair.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.