PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 max AJo BB vs SB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 max AJo BB vs SB

This was on a zoom table, with only 2 hands on the opponent. I know that 3-betting is one of my weaker areas of the game so I was trying it out here. I keep changing my mind about the hand, especially when i see what he had in the end! Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by Acta3on; Sun Sep 07, 2014, 11:55 PM.

I went aggressive on the flop to just take it down.
    On the turn he checked it and i thought he was scared of the flush and I had the ace of diamonds so I didn't think twice about betting here.

Comment

How was the SB playing? If they were tight, I'd muck to their raise preflop. If they were loose, I'm just calling preflop.

3-betting here with someone behind is just asking for trouble.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Since there's also a limper in the pot, I prefer just calling pre.

Since you did 3-bet, a c-bet seems like a good idea, but on this kind of flop a villain is hardly ever folding. He has so many pocket pairs in his range, and he'll put you on AK and call at least one bet, because you almost never have a 7 or a 3 in your range. The turn looks a pretty good barrel card, but villain isn't going to fold hands like JJ/TT with a diamond and he might have hit a set. I think I'd just check it back and take the free card, as you have plenty of outs against pocket pairs.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot for taking the time to review the hand.
          I think a bit more studying is in order on 3-betting and post flop play before I hit the tables again!

i only had 2 hands on the opponent so I didn't know how he was playing
          Last edited by Acta3on; Tue Sep 09, 2014, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.