PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL FR - Should I have folded my queens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL FR - Should I have folded my queens?

It does depend on your villain. Did you have any information on him? Tight / loose. Is he often aggresive? etc.

as played:
    Standard open with QQ : perfect
    Call a 3bet? : no me, I would be 4betting QQ. If I get 5bet shoved, I fold to an unknown at 2NL. 5bets on 2NL are always eighter KK or AA

Cbet on the flop: yes! Arggrrr he calls....
    Donkbet on turn? forget about is, he has a King 100% of the time.

River (which I would not have seen), due to the 3rd king the chance he actually has a king is reduced a lot, so yeah, I would be calling this.

Comment

Why are you betting the flop? Your previous action was CALL. Leading out makes no sense.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'm ok with either a 4bet or a call preflop. Because QQ has showdown value, I'm more inclined to call against an unknown player at microstakes. On the flop, don't lead. There's no point because you're never folding a better hand and you might fold a jack.

Just check and maybe call one street. I think if he fires turn there's going to be enough combos of AK in his range that we can just let it go.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.