PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL5 FR, Could I have gotten more?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL5 FR, Could I have gotten more?

So I had been at this table for about 35 minutes and a decent read on my opps. The initial raiser here was loose and would open with a wide range. The button was more of a tighter player and wouldn't call raises preflop without something decent. On the flop I want to get the most out of this hand. I want to see what the other two do on the flop. Here is where I have a question. When I look back on this now, I think initial raiser has AQ, QK something like that. Especially calling after a call and a raise on the flop. With their tight image and raise on the flop I have to figure the button has no worse than two pair. I can't see either villain holding AA or KK. I know there are draws potentially here, but is there a reason to just call the raise to 1.20 on the flop as opposed to shoving here?

I don't really like your flatcall after the flop. If Villain3 folds, you give v9 a free card to draw (if he does) and you loose value if he has AQ or other 2pair because he will prob call a raise with most decent hands in his range

Fortunately this mistake is minor because v3 raises and now you shove for value, perfect!
    Both players show a lot of interest in the hand and you got the 2nd nuts with some outs to a boat, go for it !

Don't call, situation can only worsen for you. If they fold to your shove, they don't have a hand that would have given value anyway.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.