PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL - not basic. A double stack raises and we call in bb 77...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL - not basic. A double stack raises and we call in bb 77...

Didn't think this was a basic easy decision. So pre big stack has JJ+ AJ thinking like I do and putting the villain on a few combos. Then thought - "if they have a J on a 56J flop they should bet 3-way"?

We are looking at our 77 oop and it's checking through to turn 9. Then the open raiser bets a deuce river. Now I'm thinking at a different level. Now this sounds rubbish - considering they value bet on a 9 or J that would have bet before the river. We are beat by the sets, nice hand sir, no reads so it could be... AA-99 AJ 66 55 or 22 lol?

Are we stuck thinking it has to be a hand that beats us?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Wed Sep 03, 2014, 08:39 AM. Reason: thinking of hands that beat us

And on the button a few bluffs in my range.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.