PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl cash Table, QQ Three-way pot against maniac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl cash Table, QQ Three-way pot against maniac

Ok, so I've been playing a bit tonight an am coming to review the session. This was the first position I saved to check out later. MP3 - 88/40/3.0 - After 40 hands (could see he was a maniac after 10, he will also feature in another hand that I will post separately) SB - 35/0/1.0 - Had about 20 hands on him Question is, could I have got more value here? MP3 was very loose, so was SB (just not as much). My concern here was with playing a multi-way pot. If one, or both, had a flush draw I had to give them bad odds, right? Was it best just to fire off a value bet post-flop and hope one caught the king? Or would have checking to give them another card been best? Maybe maniac would have bet in to me anyway? ♠ AJ_Orion

C-betting is fine. You'd be doing it with AK, KK and AA too, and particularly in a 3-way pot you don't want to give free cards to draws. There's too much value to be had, when it's quite probable that one of these guys has AK, so fire away. Heads up against a crazy player, I'd often check to induce bluffs or value-bets by worse hands. I'd probably check-call the flop and check-raise blank turns. 3-way though, half potting every street will get stacks in if either villain has something.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.