PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

%NL - Flat sb JJ, the bb looks fishy? Do you agree with 7 hands calling river K bluff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• %NL - Flat sb JJ, the bb looks fishy? Do you agree with 7 hands calling river K bluff

Testing I could put replayer reads here. So you see the hands now in context. Small sample looks ridiculous "can you make the call"? The open raiser didn't keep the initiative so we take the lead on the turn with JJ, on Tx high flop maybe turn draws for value. Anyway, now the 1st hand at the table what! open jam, 2nd, 3rd etc villain closes it down not much action. So what info do we have to play the 7th hand? "Reads" didn't think 7 hands -> Instant Hand History -> Re-player cut & paste would take an hour to work out and post this blurb.
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Sep 01, 2014, 07:10 AM. Reason: get the whole thing glued together

So what info do we have to play the 7th hand?
    None, evidently.

I think I would have folding to the shove here. When the king comes, if he hits he has you beat. It seems a bit crazy to shove with air, after he calls the turn too. Maybe he's sitting on 2-pair now. Maybe it's a poorly executed bluff.

It's difficult to say if it's wrong or right to call with no read on villain. I suppose in this spot it's kind of a coin flip. If he's a nit he probably has the K. If he's a maniac obviously he has AQc

Is a villain with no read going to be bluffing more times than not in this spot? I doubt it.

AJ_Orion

Comment

The 1st hand is the best read, a short stack open jams. The next hands we have a broadway rag and don't get involved with this fish. Next the villain can raise to steal and after that gets to limp in and pots flop to take it. Only 1/7 did they fold. So... I think we are good most of the time.
      Last edited by ForrestFive; Tue Sep 02, 2014, 06:41 AM. Reason: was villlain involved an all hands

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.