PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl cash table, Villain gets back to me at the river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl cash table, Villain gets back to me at the river

Open limped from MP with medium hand. Made a medium flop (TPGK). Shot twice. Checked at the river and then villain shoots back... Should I have folded at the river? Should I have folded earlier?

When first to open the pot, standard raise or fold. Open-limping is a very weak and easily exploitable play and something that I do not want to do.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You played fine post-flop, but the action could be quite different if you make the standard play and open for a RAISE pre-flop. K9 might not even see the flop if you do that.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

With the open-limp you are giving good odds to any set-miners too. Reaching showdown with one-pair just won't cut it if someone hits their set, and that can happen quite often if you get 2/3 set miners limping with you regularly.

It's difficult to put anyone on a hand when a bunch of folks have limped in with you.

Comment

I'd advice you to avoid limping. Like Arty said the action would have been different if you where the raiser.

Comment

I'd also recommend playing KJo in later position than there.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.