PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL zoom - Standard open utg AA, 3bet 4bet gets called...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL zoom - Standard open utg AA, 3bet 4bet gets called...

We open utg AA, shorty utg+1 3bet, our 4bet gets called. Opponent hasn't got a pot bet behind. Put them all in, our AA get cracked - standard play get over it?

Since the 4-bet is going to pot-commit them, I'm shoving pre.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

OK, no negotiation 4bet just shove it.

Thanks John, I didn't work out if they called my bet size, what they would be left with. Their calling oop with less than a pot is just as bad.

Comment

Terrible play by the villain here and screams fishiness preflop. I also like the idea of shoving preflop here. It's a very wet drawy flop (the kind of flop I hate to see when holding a premium one pair hand). I don't think there's any getting away from this though. I think even if you shove postflop that this type of opponent is calling and sucking out on you here. I hope you made a note on him. Raiser umbup:

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.