PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$ 0.11 MTT Tourney, 78 on the big blind - please review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $ 0.11 MTT Tourney, 78 on the big blind - please review

Played on a 0.11 MTT Tourney

When I hit top pair, I want to make a standard value bet. With 3 opps, this is 3/4 pot (203 chips). Since this bet does NOT pot-commit me... I do not want to shove. All overbet shoves will do against realistic ops is one thing... get me value-owned. All worse hands will fold and only better hands will call. This is something that I need to avoid doing. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      All overbet shoves will do against realistic ops is one thing... get me value-owned. All worse hands will fold and only better hands will call.
      You underestimate the nano-stakes MTT player pool John! They looooove to call.

But in general by shoving 4x pot, you're not really betting for value, you're betting to scare everyone away so you don't get out-drawn on. While this is an understandable reaction, it's not really the most profitable way to play like John said.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.