PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$4.40 NL Hold'em [Progressive Super-Knockout, call or not ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4.40 NL Hold'em [Progressive Super-Knockout, call or not ?

Hi
    was that correct call?
    http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...587_FF2CBE81A6

Hi amit934! The first problem with this hand is the initial action preflop. If I raise, I need to make a standard raise, which is to between 2.5-3x the previous bet and a pot-sized raise. I cannot raise smaller or I'm giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. Being in middle position and facing a raise, I need to muck this preflop. If I did raise, I need to raise to 480, which is a problem because with it being UTG that initially raised, they should have a very strong range and ATs does not play well against it. ATs is not strong enough to call even one shove here, let alone 2, so this needs to be a snap-muck. The only aces I'd even consider calling two shoves with here are AA or maybe AK and AK could even be a muck depending on opp types (not provided). Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for comment

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
        so this needs to be a snap-muck.
        I was chatting to someone on Skype yesterday and they came up with a nice expression:

I'd snap-fold as if my cards were on fire!

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.