PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please!

Hey, could I please have views on this? The villain is a calling machine with a high tendency to play rubbish.

partypoker - $5+$0|200/400 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

UTG: 53.79 BB (VPIP: 43.48, PFR: 26.09, 3Bet Preflop: 22.22, Hands: 23)
    CO: 49.35 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
    BTN: 64.11 BB (VPIP: 34.78, PFR: 21.74, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 23)
    SB: 25.19 BB (VPIP: 43.48, PFR: 4.35, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
    Hero (BB): 48.16 BB

5 players post ante of 0.1 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2 BB) Hero has 9s 7s
    UTG calls 1 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop : (3 BB, 2 players) Kc 8d Th
    Hero checks, UTG bets 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB

Turn : (7 BB, 2 players) Js
    Hero checks, UTG checks

River : (7 BB, 2 players) Jh
    Hero bets 7 BB, UTG raises to 18.67 BB, Hero raises to 45.06 BB and is all-in, UTG calls 26.4 BB

UTG shows 9d Qh (Straight, King High) (Pre 68%, Flop 74%, Turn 97%)
    Hero shows 9s 7s (Straight, Jack High) (Pre 32%, Flop 26%, Turn 3%)
    UTG wins 97.13 BB

Hi Chips of Jen! When I turn the straight, I absolutely need to make a 1/2 pot value bet when the opp checks. The only way that I can check is if there is not a single card in the deck that can beat me (which is not the case since I'm holding the low end of a straight). Especially if the opp is a calling station, I want them to make the mistake that they're accustomed to... calling with worse. If the opp raises my turn bet, then I need to re-evaluate and the large raise on the river is also concerning as the opp could have hit a full house. The stat here that I would need to see is how often the opp raises the river. If they are a station, they are most likely used to calling on the river and not raising. If this is the case, then a raise from a station is a tremendous red flag as they will only do this with a monster and with the low end of a straight on a paired board... I need to muck. When stations raise, especially on the river, it's only going to be from a monster hand. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey, thanks for the help!
      With regards to not betting the turn I was first to act and wrongly anticipated a bet :P. I tried looking to find his river raise stats but the hand has long since gone into history Thank you for the advice will watch out for that in the future

Oli

Comment

Sorry.. I meant to lead the turn. what I get for multitasking.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.