PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL Zoom: 2 Pair, Fold River?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL Zoom: 2 Pair, Fold River?

Opponent is 13/6 (31 hands) I overplayed my hand I think. Fine to call turn raise, but fold river?

Hey

I think this is a reads heavy hand. Is my opp loose/passive weak/aggro ? The sample is worthless unless I see some showdowns out of him and take a note.
    A 1/2 pot size bet works OTF and a x/c OTT trying to see a cheap showdown or fold to heavy aggro with an over card on board, in position, would be the safe way with no reads, I think.

Comment

damn hard to me to fold 2 pr in this kind of situation

if you call the turn you should call the river

just fold the turn if your planning to fold on a river bet save yourself some $$

unlucky hand

Comment

Hi carl,

Although the sample size is limited, this guy has done nothing in our 31 hand sample to suggest he's wild or out of line... the indication if anything is tight-passive. While the read is circumstantial at this point, when such a player check-raises we should be running for the hills.

In this case we have more ot go on than just the circumstantial stat read... the villain has continued vs. 2 strong barrels from us, and check/raised big on the turn barrel, which shows great strength.

As hard as it sometimes sounds to yield 2 pair, I think middle 2 are going to be in bad shape the vast majority of the time here, looking at KT or 22 a ton. This seems to me like a nice spot to make an exploitative fold.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.