PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25c 90 man SNG - UTG AA vs chip leader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25c 90 man SNG - UTG AA vs chip leader

When I have a made hand, the only time that I can slowplay is if there is not a single card in the deck that can beat me.

With 2 opps in the pot, especially after raising preflop, I need to make a 2/3 pot value bet. By check/calling a smaller bet, I'm giving the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me... if they do so, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

Same thing on the turn, but it needs to be 1/2 pot. I need to make sure that the bet on this street is at least this much or I'm potentially giving them the correct odds to outdraw me.

On the river, the previous bet mistakes are now compounded, as I can't get the rest of my stack in... costing me chips that I should be winning.

When playing hands, I want to be aggressive and not to bet way too small or check on streets that I should be value betting (and pricing the opp's draws out). Yes, AA got lucky here, but by playing the hand this way, it will lose much, much more than it should, as since the opp is getting the correct odds to play... AA WILL LOSE chips on average in this hand, each and every time, which is not what I want with a premium hand.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.