PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i sense weakness, should i reraise the river?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i sense weakness, should i reraise the river?

if i want to rebluff, how much should i raise?

To answer your question, I would say to think about what strong hands you might be holding that you would get to this river with, in the way that you got to this river, that you would also check/raise on the river with. Would you play a hand like QQ, Ax of clubs, A7, 77, or 22 that way? Also, think about what kinds of hands the villain might actually have that you are trying to get them to fold. You might be better off trying some aggression on the turn here in this hand, but it's really difficult to give this kind of advice to someone. I think that these kinds of plays often depend on what kind of reads you have on a villain, etc.

I can tell you that if you are someone who does this kind of thing often, then villains that you play with a lot will start to not believe you when you do it so you have to try to make sure that you play your strong hands in the same way that you play your bluffs on similar boards. There is a problem with bluffing too often, and that problem is that it's hard to get enough actually strong hands to balance it out, lol.

Also, I would suggest that you consider making your flop continuation bet a bit larger. Maybe 20 cents? The c-bet in this hand was smaller than your pre-flop open.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.