PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl Cash Table, against aggressive fish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl Cash Table, against aggressive fish?

since he is aggressive, i check and let him bet for me, i check it down to the river, is this a good play?

Lol , who are you calling a fish here ?

I have learned that if you want to play then raise and otherwise fold but never ever limp. By just limping the bb just gets to see the flop for free and the chance to change a crap hand into a monster.
    In this case you both have crap hands.
    I guess you are a member of the poker school , but have you actually been reading any courses yet? If not I suggest you do that because they are very good written and can help you a lot in your play.

Comment

Not a very nice reply by Donna. It doesn't help at all and it will not be appreciated. We are here to learn, not to (be) bullied.

Limping is never a good idea. A5o is a pretty good hand to play in a blind battle and if the player you are up against is not a very good player, you want to build a pot if you play with him.

I would raise 2.5x preflop.

You flop a monster. I would bet for sure. If he has an ace, he isn't going anywhere and you build a nice pot. If he has a flushdraw, your hand need protection. Don't give him a free card.
      You also could check-raise but you need to be sure he bets into you, and check-raising is a strong move so you might scare him away.

OTT you wake up and bet, but you bet very small. I would make it smt like 20-30.
      He raises you with a very small amount that don't look very strong to me. A 3bet looks in order now, make it big, 60-70 cents. If he 4bets, things are starting to look unpleasant.

River is ugly, you check.

So in summery: he bets flop, raises turn and bets pot on the river while its a scare card, this all looks very strong. If he just has an ace, or even a nine, would he bet river? I think he would check behind. I expect at least 2 pair and would fold river.

The way you played is very passive. Aggresive shouold be the way to go.
      You could think you saved some money in the hand, but thats the wrong idea. You should build a pot with strong hands, especially in a HU situation.

Comment

I apologize if it looks like bullying because its was not my intention to do so.

I only want to point out to him that there are great courses here in case he had not seen them. I think they are very helpful and recommend them to anyone who wants to learn. And from his postings that I have read , I guessed just like me he wants to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by donna1906 View Post
          I apologize if it looks like bullying because its was not my intention to do so.

I only want to point out to him that there are great courses here in case he had not seen them. I think they are very helpful and recommend them to anyone who wants to learn. And from his postings that I have read , I guessed just like me he wants to learn.

I do (also?) like to express my concerns of playing deep stack, Amature. From hands I've seen, you struggle with hands and betsizing that indicate you might should play 100BB for now. Please don't get me wrong, I'm a struggling player myself but playing deep you are up against much better opponents than 100BB tables.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.