PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl cash Table, Stealin from the small blind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl cash Table, Stealin from the small blind

Could I have stolen the pot before I folded and should I actually be in the pot?

a raise pre flop would do everything different

Comment

** thread moved to Basic Poker Hand Discussions **
      2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Raise preflop to 5x or even more. Limpers are what they look like: weak.
        If a limper 3bets, you can still call with QJs but be cautious.

post flop is well played. don't go crazy in a 4way pot

Comment

I think calling, raising and folding are all decent options with none of them being massively +EV. Generally speaking, I'd only ISO raise versus limpers with the kind of hands I'd open in early position (something like 99+/AQ+/KQs). If you're not comfortable playing QJs OOP, then just overlimping (hoping to flop a monster) or folding are both fine.
          Just be aware that flopping one pair OOP will put you in a tricky situation, where you should try and play a small pot, by check-calling to showdown. Only if you make 2 pairs or better should you get aggressive.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.