PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100NL, ZOOM Turned nut vs. XC, XC, XRAI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100NL, ZOOM Turned nut vs. XC, XC, XRAI

UTG: (24 hands) 17/17/0.5 SB: (335 hands) 15/10/1.9 BB: (33 hands) 24/12/2.0 PF: I think PF is pretty standiardo trying to invite the weaker players in the blinds to come along. OTF: I think my sizing is pretty good. OTT: $12.00-$15.00 would be better? I was thinking after the villain XCs OTF that they might have a flush draw as well, so I was expecting them to XR their flush here but they don't. OTR: Villain decides to X/Shove on me! Would you call this check/shove or fold? Villain's AF is very small @ 0.5 but so is our sample size. The problem I see here is that villains rarely X/Shove the river as a bluff.

tough spot

im going to call on the river because if he got set of 9's 7's on flop. I think he's gonna cbet it bec

the semi wet board or at least check raise it already.

on the river you got to call he got the 2nd best flush.

Comment

Fold.

No reasonable player will x/shove a flush here given you have nearly all boat combos in your range.

Fwiw AA plays this 100% the same.

Comment

Hi dirt,

Interesting hand. I think I would call here. The villain's line just makes little sense to me for most randoms and how they would play their sets.

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
        No reasonable player will x/shove a flush here given you have nearly all boat combos in your range.

Fwiw AA plays this 100% the same.
        FTR, I don't disagree with any of this. The thing is, maybe villain's not a reasonable player. If we knew villain was solid, I think it's a fold (and we'll see AA/99/77 mostly). Readless, I think it's so much less clear. People might go nuts with a flush, with AK played awful, or with some bluff thinking we can't call. They won't think about or realize we have 77/99 in our range.

I guess my position is, vs. a known fish, I would call. Vs a strong player, I think it's a fold. Vs a random, it's not crystal clear but with the nut flush I would lean towards calling.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think specifically at Zoom we should be erring on the side of folding.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.