PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Flopping trips vs maniac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Flopping trips vs maniac

Maniac´s stats: Vpip:82/pfr:100/3bet:80/cbet:100 Preflop raise was loose,I wanted to get rid of all other opponents (who were tight).Maniac´s min-3bet didn´t concern me,he was doing this all the time. I called on flop because i didn´t want to scare him off.The reraise on turn was so small for the same reason (at least in my eyes it is pretty small reraise ). I couldn´t find the way to fold on the river when i have already invested more than half of my stack + I saw him putting other players all in with his lowest pair earlier so I didn´t put him on something big. My questions: 1.Should my reraise have been higher or against this type of player it really doesn´t matter? 2.Should I have folded the river even after amount of stack i put in the middle? Thanks for any reply

Just call every street.
    Against loose aggressive players, you should often play passively. If he bluffs a lot, then let him bluff, and make your money by calling his bluffs. When you raise, it says "I have a real hand" and that will make a maniac stop bluffing, which is the last thing you want him to do!
    If you just call on the turn, you give villain one last chance to bluff. Obviously he'll make a hand that beats you sometimes, but in the long run you're crushing him by trapping.
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.