PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A hand from play money tourney during the Sunday Special training today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hand from play money tourney during the Sunday Special training today

So, here's my thoughts on this. Pre-flop: I considered just shoving, and I think that would be ok with me sitting on 10 BBs if I had fold equity. I didn't really think that I had fold equity with that many people in the pot and considering that I think the people involved do know what they are doing. I think they would expect me to shove pretty light, and I would get called/reshoved by at least one spot. I thought that calling with those odds (pot over 14k and I had to call 1800) was a better option even though I was so short. Flop: I have an open ended straight draw, and a backdoor flush draw (and two overs to the board, but I wasn't thinking about the two overs). I thought that the ranges of the villains other than the original pre-flop raiser were probably pretty weak considering the flat calls pre. The pre opening raiser could have any strong hand up to AA. I felt like I had good equity in the hand, and was too short to not play this. My first inclination was to just shove, but I had slightly over a pot size shove in my stack and I thought that if I just jammed then it would look like I wanted folds. It wouldn't look like I had a strong made hand, right? I went with the smaller size bet because I thought that gave a better chance of taking it down right there than an actual shove would. I would prefer that everyone fold, but if someone shoved over my bet then I would have called. --- Honestly, I didn't consider that anybody might just flat call my bet. I guess that could have happened, and that would have sucked, lol. What do you think? Thanks for any insights T

With only 10BB, I can't call a raise and then ever fold in the hand, so I need to shove or fold. If I perceive that I have no fold equity, then I need to fold preflop.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Alright, thanks for the reply John

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.