PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL FR ZOOM: UTG+1 with ATs, folded against tiny bet OTT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL FR ZOOM: UTG+1 with ATs, folded against tiny bet OTT

No stats about the villain.

Appreciate any comments, but in particular, is my fold OTT ok? I feel the tiny bet OTT quite suspicious, perhaps I am drawing dead... but KK/55 are not so likely, so should I continue my hand putting him on AK/KJ?

------------------------------

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

Button ($13.27)
    SB ($26.10)
    BB ($15.05)
    UTG ($54.40)
    Hero (UTG+1) ($79.65)
    MP1 ($17.54)
    MP2 ($25)
    MP3 ($35.19)
    CO ($25.88)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Ad, 10d
    1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, 5 folds, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) Jd, Ks, 5d (2 players)
    SB bets $1, Hero raises to $2.50, SB raises to $6.75, Hero calls $4.25

Turn: ($15.25) 5c (2 players)
    SB bets $3.50, Hero folds

Hi dog,

I would generally prefer to flat call on the flop here. Players tend to donk out like this with draws and made hands like top pair quite often, and since we block a lot of the draws he's probably more heavy in KQ/KT, which he's not folding to your raise anyway. If I did raise, it would be with the intention of 4b shoving over an action like this with this big a draw... I think we will have some non-zero amount of fold equity, and enough hand equity to try and leverage it.

I don't like folding to the turn bet. If you had reads or notes that the villain was solid, then I think folding would be ok as this does look like a baiting bet. But a fish may just be scared you didn't fold OTF, or that his KJ has just been counterfeited vs. your possible AA. He could also have been getting aggressive OTF with a draw himself, and is now thinking you won't fold so he's trying to set his own price to see the river. No reads, no way to know. But getting 5.3-1 to see the river and having position to see what he does first, I'd call and play the river by ear.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Dave, I couldn't simulate any other condition at the time, but now I feel I could call OTT umbup: Villain's postflop decisions were very fast, so maybe I overestimate his hand.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.