PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$ 0.11 MTT tournamen, tK 10 Please review this hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $ 0.11 MTT tournamen, tK 10 Please review this hand

Played in a 0.11 MTT tournament

Preflop, this is a really marginal call. Multiway like this, I'd much rather 3-bet or fold and not call a raise as it's too easy for me to be dominate and I'm also out of position, which is a huge disadvantage.

It's better to just muck here and look for a better spot, and not leak off chips.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

assuming that no one raised pre plop and I got to see the flop for free' would u call the bet with gut shot and 2 over cards ?

Comment

Originally posted by dduvshani View Post
        assuming that no one raised pre plop and I got to see the flop for free' would u call the bet with gut shot and 2 over cards ?
        Not a chance. The bet is way too big. With a gutterball and 2 overs, I have 10 outs IF all of them are good (most likely not). Even if they are good, my hand is worth 20% equity (most likely 3 of my outs, one of the overs) will be counterfeited by one of the opps, so I'd count my hand as 14% equity.

To call, I need to put 750 into a pot that will be 3000 (25%).

This means that each and every time that I would call, I'd LOSE 11% of my chips... so it's an easy muck.

I want to be putting my chips into the pot when I'm ahead and expecting to gain chips, not when I'm expecting to lose chips.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.