PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$0.10 SNG Multi Table Tournament--Please review this hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $0.10 SNG Multi Table Tournament--Please review this hand

Played on a 0.10 sng

Muck preflop. KQo is not strong enough to 3-bet with here, especially due to the initial raiser's stack. A 3-bet pot-commits them, so I'll have to play for their entire stack and KQo isn't a strong enough hand to do so with.
    On top of this, the SB is extremely short, so I'm most likely going to be in a 3-way pot. KQo doesn't play well against the initial raiser's range, let alone in a 3-way pot where it will play much worse.

This is definitely a spot to muck and look for a better situation, either with a better hand or in a HU pot.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't mind 3Betting KQo sometimes but it is primarily as a bluff or occasionally for value vs SLAGs.

However this is not a good spot to 3Bet for the reason John highlighted, villain's relatively short stack. Also, he made it 5x. When playing against recreational players, big bets normally mean big hands that they're not going to fold.

Postflop I think it's just time to accept you missed and hope to catch something on a later street before putting any more money in.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.