PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25 cent 90 man SnG AQs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 cent 90 man SnG AQs

I know shoving there was a bad idea but what is the best way to lose the minimum there? I shoved there because i thought that i will give a bad price to a draw. No stats on the villain; 3 hands. and it was bubble. i finished 15th
    Last edited by Bender013; Sun Aug 03, 2014, 04:46 PM.

When he raised you on the flop he was sending out a clear message, 'I've got something here!' Let's range him on what he might have at that point (Postflop)-
    • A straight draw
    • A flush draw
    • An overpair (KK, AA)
    • A set
    There's just so much out there that can draw out on you so I'm proceeding with caution from that point on. Possibly calling his raise and check-folding on the turn if it doesn't help me. You'd still have enough chips if you did that to wait for a better spot to shove. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Bender013! The first thing that I notice with this hand is the preflop raise. A standard raise is to 3BB+1BB for each limper at this blind level. With one limper, I'd raise to 400. When I flop TPTK, I need to make a standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With one opp, a standard bet is 1/2 pot, so I need to bet 425. If I bet less, I can be giving the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I do so and lose the hand, it'll be my own fault that I lose. When the opp raises to 900, I have two choices... shove or fold. What I will do here needs to be based on a read of the opp (none provided). If the opp is known to play loose, then I'm happy shoving. If they are tight, then I'll flat and re-evaluate the turn (most likely shoving any non club, non broadway). A hand like this is why I need to follow bankroll management and have 100 buy-ins in my bankroll. I'm going to lose hands like this regardless and I need to be able to withstand it happening. In these games (45 and 90 mans were some of my standard games before black Friday), it's not uncommon to see streaks of 30 or more non-cashes in a row. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thanks very much;

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.