PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pocket Ks - did I play it right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket Ks - did I play it right?

Final 300 in a 6000-player MTT, and this happened: Was this just a bad beat, or should I have deviated from the norm? Any advice appreciated! Info: my image was super tight, and the last hand I played in was a shove on AJs that went to showdown. I was somewhere below the average stack size, and was fishing for a quick double-up or better. Is this the right strategy at this stage?
    Last edited by nevracking; Sat Aug 02, 2014, 09:37 PM. Reason: more info

With only 16 big blinds you are going to get pot committed post flop. I would have shoved here preflop. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yes agree with Raiser and just ship it pre flop.

If you suspect a villain is trigger happy, then raising to induce is an option and you got what you wanted. There is a chance you will lose this spot 20% of the time.

Comment

I'm in agreement... I'm shipping it preflop. The last thing that I want to do is to make a raise that pot-commits me and then to see an A be on the board when I can't fold.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.