PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL: Shoving v 4bet with AKo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL: Shoving v 4bet with AKo

Limited reads on opponent as only a few hands. Is it reasonable to get it all in versus a 4bet from EP with AKo or is it best to let it go in a vacuum at these stakes as your often up against AA,KK,QQ?

Correct me if im wrong but if villain has QQ+/AK here every time he 4b's then AK is a fold because we only win 40% of the time and we need to win 70% of the time with the money were risking so if we win around 40% of the time when the money goes in and villain fold 30% of the time because he has some 4b bluffs would shipping AK make our play break even then?

Comment

Fold river, imo

Seriously tho, fold pre and why such a big 3 bet, i mean we are OOP but it is HU and 2,50 sends the same message as 3 and you can still stack off until river but it costs you less preflop if you have to fold.

Comment

AK is defo a hand to go all in pre flop unlucky that you bump into ACES

it's ugly to 3bet then fold to a shove with Ako preflop that's super dead money might as well flip it

Comment

If this is a Zoom game I'd probably consider folding vs the 4-bet at least some of the time

Some arguments for folding also include that in these positions people do not necessarily 4-bet all that wide against the blinds, and your bigger than usual 3-bet size could strengthen villain's continuing range by a big margin.
          Live Trainer

Comment

Is 3 betting 4x OOP a little excessive?

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.