PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was I Too Careful? - 2NL Cash Game Hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I Too Careful? - 2NL Cash Game Hand

my opponent is a multi tabling player, he seldom bluff, i knew he had a big hand, so i treat him very carefully. on the flop i check because i think he may got overpair, i check the turn again to avoid any trap, and he bets, i suspect that he really got overpair. his river bet really confuse me
    i think i should have raised the turn

Especially from a better player, I'm snap-folding to the larger than normal raise preflop..... but once again, I do not want to open-limp... it's a huge chip leak.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

as said, don't limp

a multitabler will immidiatly spot a limper and try to get that "free" money by raising, if he has some kind of hand.

OTF he doesnt hit so he has no reason to bet. He can check behind because he has position.

I would probably bet OTT. You pick up a wheel draw and he didnt act otf while he was aggresor so he pob isnt very strong. His "sudden" bet on the river was a clear valuebet and shouldnt confuse you. He got his hit.

About the possible overpair: most people don't slow play big pairs (and you shouldn't), so I don't see him having a overpair very often. Same count for a set. He will try to build a pot, not potcontrol it.

my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.