PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check-raise on the Flop? - 2NL Cash Game Hand - Any Advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check-raise on the Flop? - 2NL Cash Game Hand - Any Advice?

i play this hand badly, how should i play?

It's a boring answer but I would just fold pre. Calling is about the worst you can do. ATo is such a trouble hand against 2. You will always be behind to at least one of them.
    If you wanna play ATo here, 3bet pre and make it potsize because you are OOP all the way (but I wouldnt 3bet)

Your raise on the flop is too small. You should raise about 3x his bet.

I would prob fold turn but good thing you are a member of #IHateFolding

His riverbet is rediculous, must call (or shove as it looks soooooo weak)

My option only !

Comment

I'm either folding or 3-betting preflop. I don't want to call and have a marginal hand OOP.

John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

it is hard to fold because the odds is so attractive, i just need to win 27% to break even i know what to do next time, thanks for your adviceumbup:

Comment

It's a marginal hand that can be too easily dominated. Playing too many marginal hands from the SB is a leak that many players have (know I had it too when I first started). It looks cheap, but due to the positional disadvantage, this is the spot at the table that I need to be playing the smallest number of hands from.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.