PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl 6max zoom facing limpers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl 6max zoom facing limpers

How would you advise me on this particular hand? I have short possibly LP plr limping and the SB who goes along. Holding AQo, I raise the limpers to 4bb with the intention to get them to fold and finish there, but the hand continues.
    Time Vault Champion 2013

hi mr mendes!

Comment

Hi Sam Do you love limpers as much as I do? ;D
      Time Vault Champion 2013

Comment

haha!

The same thing seems to happen to me - the limpers seem to like to call when i wouldn't mind a fold, and fold when id really like a call Maybe someone'll stop by and share with us the secret to getting the opposite result, but probably everybody'll say your hand was really well-played

Comment

Why on earth would you not cbet this board vs two random limpers? You got most likely the best hand vs their ranges, unless they have specifically 55, because you block other sets obv+there are draws to protect against so betting = mandatory, imo.
          Anyway once you, what is it called, check-3bet this board, basically only hands that beat you will call this raise, OR SOMETIMES hands with decent equity, like KT, KJ, Kx spades, TJ, Tx spades, that have straight and flush potential, but with this action i really doubt that. As played, i would just flat flop, but given that turn can bring a lot of cards that we do not like i would just cbet-get it in as villains in 5NL will stack with some spade draws and Qx or Ax there.

Comment

Exactly what crazyJohnnie says, OMG why didn't you cbet the flop?? You are the aggressor and flop a great hand against 2 limpers. Bet! limpers will call with Ax, KJ, QJ etc all the hands that feed you. They even call with complete air sometimes. If you get raised, happy shoving.
            If you get a raise and a 3bet than it's time to re-evaluate.

Your check-3bet is super super strong so prob no one will continue unless they have you beat. You are washing out all the hands that give you value.

Comment

Good points about cbetting, CrazYJohnnie and rkleefstra thanks for sharing your opinion.
              Time Vault Champion 2013

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.