PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Slow Play? - Pocket 5's on the Button - $0.25c S&G

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Slow Play? - Pocket 5's on the Button - $0.25c S&G

Played on a 0.24 sng tournament was it better to slow play this ?

Hi dduvshani!

The first problem here is preflop. If I have a pair and want to try to hit a set, I need to have 15X the bet in my stack and every opp's stack... this is not the case here, so I cannot call as I do not have the correct odds to do so.

In these tournaments, the ONLY time that I can slowplay is if there is not a single card in the deck that can beat me. With the bottom end of a full house, someone can always be trying to outdraw me with 9x or an overpair. Since a pot-sized bet pot-commits me (standard value bet sizing for 4+ opps).. I'd need to shove the flop.

The big key here though is that I either need to shove or fold preflop as I do not have the correct odds to call to setmine.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.